Shawarma Rice BowlGlad® Storage Gallon Zipper Bag
You can make your own shawarma rice bowl at the comforts of your home!
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- around ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pack plain yogurt, around 125 grams
- 1 kilo beef, use beef sirloin, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- steamed rice, to serve
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- 3 medium white onions, sliced
Combine cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, and yogurt in a Glad® Storage Gallon Zipper Bag.
Add beef and mix. Marinate for 30 minutes to an hour in the chiller.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté beef.
Add marinade and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
Portion rice among bowls. Top with tomatoes, onions, and beef.